Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Wait

Anyone familiar with the great band Metallica? They once did a cover version of the Killing Joke song "The Wait". It's been going through my head ever since my wife decided for me that I should slow down on Transformer acquisitions.

At least she hasn't stopped me from getting parts. She thinks that I won't spend as much on parts.  I'm not sure where she got that idea from, but I'm not going to change it.

The one Transformer that I'm focusing on completing is my G1 Starscream.  So far I've managed to dig around in my various boxes and found the left wing, the tail fins, and the rudders.  I've ordered and received the a right wing and his two fists.  I had to order an extra right fist because the one I bought broke as soon as I got it.  I put it on, and the two tabs broke off!  It's my fault, I suppose, since I did kinda shove it on there.  I'm still waiting for the launchers I purchased and the long missiles.  Hopefully the launchers will arrive soon seeing as how they're the first thing I purchased since I found them for 99 cents on eBay.  They were shipped on May 9th, and I've yet to receive them.  I'm getting a little worried about that.  After contacting the seller, he's assured me that if they don't arrive in the next few days we'd work something out.  I'm not really that concerned that I've been ripped off since it was only $3 total with shipping and the guy has an excellent seller rating.

Next on my list is a barrel for my Galvatron.  That's gonna be impossible to find, I think.  I've been scouring eBay for two months to find that thing.  My Galvatron is in pretty good shape, but he's missing that damn barrel.  Well, his electronics don't work.  Maybe one day I'll get off my duff and buy a working one.  It's not like he's that expensive.  Still, childhood possessions and all that.

Hopefully my Pretender Classics Grimlock will be completed soon.  As it stands, I only have the Legends Grimlock since I can't seem to find the shell.  I found the gun/sword, but that's it.  it'd be great to complete that one.  Grimlock is still one of my favorite Transformers. 

As I receive more parts for Starscream and the stickers I ordered, I'll post some pictures.  That reminds me, I still need to do a post on my Masterpiece 11 Starscream.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the joys of piecing together G1 TFs! Sounds like a wise move to keep your wife in the dark when it comes to how much money can (easily) be spent on parts these days! You may want to try looking for some of your parts over at Transformerland.com - they tend to have some good parts/prices from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I made the mistake of blurting out how much it would cost me to replace a missle for my Thrust whenever I was afraid one had broken. My wife looked at me like I was insane.

    I've ordered parts from Transformerland before and forgot about them. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete