Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Is It Hot In Here, Or Is It Just My House?

I really hadn't been planning on buying more Micromasters so soon. I've actually been planning on making those purchases later down the line, towards the end. But sometimes things just fall into your lap, like Hot House. Or so I thought.

Now before I go any further, let me stress that this all my fault. I was an irresponsible buyer on this one. When I located Greasepit, I also found my Hot House base, I just needed the Hot House figure. Sure enough, one popped up from a seller who does a lot of business on eBay. I've bought from him before, good seller. Anyway, this particular seller puts his descriptions up that include links to YouTube videos where you can actually see the item. They're actually pretty informative. I took a quick look at the description, misread a line and thought that it stated " figure only", which is exactly what I needed. I didn't even bother to watch the YouTube video.

A few days later, a box that was way too big showed up with the base. Huh. I checked the description again and watched the video and discovered my error. Long story short, my son now has a Micromaster base to play with his Transformer Legend class figures. Damn. As a result, I haven't even thought about buying anything for the past week as I get over this error. I need to not get so excited over deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment