Thursday, May 1, 2014

Random Thoughts Part 102!

Today's my birthday, so I'd thought I'd just toss out some old man random thoughts today.  Let's get to it!

Transformers: Regeneration One ended with a double sized issue.  I wasn't terribly sad to see it end.  It started out strong, plodded, lost it's footing, and then just ended.  The entire battle against Jihaxus and his army was too condensed, and the entire fight for Cybertron introduced in the last couple of issues resolved itself too easily.  Those should have been multi-issue arcs each.  I know that Furman was given just a finite amount of issues to work with, but that should've been explored more than Scorponok invading Cybertron  But I'm not a writer, so what do I know?
I'm sure that everyone has seen the pics of MP-22 floating around out there.  If you haven't, then it pleases me that you've seen them here first.  I'm super excited about it.  I do wonder if the cab will have the ability to transform into a smaller robot, however.  Have you seen the accessories for this guy?  Here's the rundown:
  • Daniel
  • Spike
  • Extra fists
  • Face exchange gimmick
  • Gun
That's a lot of stuff!  Even better, the price has dropped from $289 to $189!  That's insane!  I remember paying $250 for MP-10 when he was first released!  I actually felt fine with that price, but wasn't happy paying that for MP-0, but that figure was horrible.  Still, all that goodness for $189?  Outstanding.  I'm definitely getting the version with the coin.

My quest for Skids is pretty much over.  I've given up.  I still supposedly have a preorder over at ToyWiz that I've paid for, but even they don't know when they're getting him.  I made the preorder back in February.  I see that happening.  I may just break down and buy him off eBay.  Or I'll probably just not bother with it at all.  C'est la vie.  I'm still waiting on whether there's going to be a Tomy release or not.  There better be.  You know, Tomy is running way behind on their figures as well.  I wonder if there's something going on that we're not privy to?

Speaking of giving up on figures, I guess Hasbro is having all sorts of issues lately, I suppose.  The wave with Crosscut, the remold of Skids has been delayed indefinitely.   Why, no one seems to know.  The more I think about it, the more I wonder if something happened to the mold?  There's definitely something going on here.

After conversing with Brr-Icy, I think I'm going to start using a proxy service to see what I can find in Japan. The proxy service that I use, Rinkya, was recommended to me by Flywheels, but I haven't really had any success the few times I've tried to use it.  I'm going to keep trying to figure that thing out. 

Anyone a fan of G.I. Joe? Flywheels has a good article about the death of the brand here.

I got a couple of eHobby figures recently, and I'm fairly pleased with them.  Expect to see reviews of them...sometime.  I know that the Cobalt Sentry release was marred by Q/C issues, but was this common with all of their early releases as well?  I seem to have an issue with one of the figures I got.

Well, that's it for now!  Next week, I'll talk about an actual topic.  Probably.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, gonna give your kids money to buy you gifts? :), if Mp-22 comes with a Daniel that would be awesome news, I think I'ii wait till Takara releases Skids it might be cheaper to ship it from Asia

    ReplyDelete
  2. i found skids on facebook recently, 28 shipped seemed fair to me. I have the cobalt sentries set, didn't notice any qc issues with it. was pretty decent i thought

    ReplyDelete