Friday, May 30, 2014

We Care a LOT

"We care about the Transformers 'cause they're more than meets the eye."
-Faith No More "We Care A Lot"

That's the only song that I could think of that had the words "Transformers" and "lot" in it.  It kind of relates to what I'm about to talk about.  Just give it a chance.

It seems as though I'm constantly running across people on the Internet that have incredible luck finding others selling job lots of Transformers for incredibly cheap.  I've always wanted to do something like that, but I've never had any luck.  As I've mentioned before, pickings are slim in my area.  Craigslist ads usually sell nothing more than current figures, or figures from the movies.  The local picking scene is just as bad.  It just sucks trying to find anything here.  Did people my age just not get toys around here?  Are they just keeping them?

About two weeks ago, I decided to do my monthly check on Craigslist.  There was the guy selling about 30 figures from the various movies for $1750, and a couple other ads for people selling comics.  Craigslist has a nice feature that will show ads from other cities if there aren't any ads locally, and I always check those.  This time, this time I found something.  A seller in Pensacola, FL had a job lot of figures for sale.  He wanted $200 and it included quite a few figures.  Judging from the pictures, there were a few Go-Bots as well.  What piqued my interest in this particular lot was a Scorponok body with some accessories, a complete Hardhead, what looked to be complete Spinister, a Gnaw missing an arm and tail, and a mostly complete Horri-Bull.  That alone was worth it to me.  Pensacola was only a 45 minute drive away, so I first contacted Flywheels and Brr-Icy to make sure that it seemed to be as good a deal as I believed it to be.  They agreed, and I contacted the seller.

After a short trip, and meeting, I had a box of figures in my possession.  The seller mentioned that he had other offers on the figures, but they were from people out of the area that wanted him to ship, and he wasn't interested in doing that.  He also informed me that he had more figures that he had to dig out and as soon as I did, I'd be the first person to be contacted.  Score. So, what did I get?  Let's take a look.
Here's a rough view.  There were also some very rough condition Constructicons with loads of rust on them.  As you can see, there's a complete Sixshot, but he has some missing chrome on a wheel.  Repugnus still has working sparks!  Longtooth came with the inner robot, but the hood had broken off, and Bomb-Burst is missing the wings.  It's hard to tell, but there's a rough condition Ravage in there as well, minus guns.  Where's Scorponok, you ask?  Well, I sold him before I took these pictures.  Here are the pics I used to sell him.

Not a bad little haul.  I also got a Sludge that Flywheels wanted, so off he went.  The Go-Bots went to my kids since they really wanted something from the haul.  I'm okay with that. 

I've listed everything on eBay and should have all that sold within the week.  I basically broke everything in to lots, minus Sixshot, and set them up as auctions.  As long as I pay for the cost of the $200 purchase, I'm happy.  I kept Hardhead, Horri-Bull, Spinister, and Gnaw.  I got two complete figures, and two missing easily attainable parts for essentially free if I can get everything sold.  Isn't that what it's all about?  I'll have detailed reviews of the figures that I kept further down the line.  For now, they're in line behind everything else that arrived first.  By then I should have Gnaw and Horri-Bull complete. 

 

1 comment:

  1. I never find any good deals like this online, so congrats. And thanks for the Sludge hook up!

    ReplyDelete