Friday, December 5, 2014

The Craigslist Adventure Ends! Horri-Bull!

Image from
This is the last of the four figures from the lot that I purchased from Craigslist back in May.  Truth be told, at many points, there were only going to be three figures kept from the lot, but I'll get in to that in a bit.
Horri-Bull is a...horrible bull.  See what I did there?  Anyway, I'm starting with the beast mode simply because I find it the most aesthetically pleasing of the two modes.  This is easily the worst conditioned figure that I kept from the lot.  It really isn't surprising considering that he was just in a box on some guy's porch for an extended period of time.  There is discoloration, as evidenced by the picture.  Amazingly, the joints are like new.  I was shocked by how tight everything was/is on him.
When I first pieced Horri-Bull together from the random assortment of flotsam in the box I got, the only thing missing was the rifle, which can easily be found on eBay.  Even with the discoloration, Horri-Bull is still a good looking figure. 
Why did I almost not keep this figure?  After all, Horri-Bull and the 2nd wave of Headmasters in general, usually command a higher premium than the normal Headmasters.  There's a story to all of this.  In my excitement, when I transformed Horri-Bull from bull to robot, I pushed the bull head too far back and did this:
I broke a piece!  I was so livid with myself.  Still, I suppose it isn't that bad.  Perhaps one day I'll track down a new body.  The most expensive pieces I already have, bodies should be pretty cheap and easy to come by.  Whatever the outcome, I'm fairly happy with this Craigslist adventure.  I paid $200, got four figures, sold the rest and came out way ahead.  That's what hunting is all about.


  1. I did the same thing with the first Horri-Bull I bought. Breaks way too easy. Then again the figure is 25+ years old.

  2. the shape of the head section of the joint is egg shaped, when you move it, it puts pressure on it, forcing it to break the other parts. I pulled the pin on mine and sanded off the bump, no issues with mine