Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sinnertwin

Box scan from Botch the Crab
Abominable August continues with this, the latest addition to the Terrorcons, Sinnertwin!  Sinnertwin is one of those figures that I really wanted as a kid, but for some reason I never got him.  Thankfully, he's pretty easy to find on the secondary market, if a little more pricey than the rest of his teammates.  I seriously saw Sinnertwin figures going for upwards of $70 on eBay.  That's stupidly expensive for a Scramble City style limb.

Sinnertwin's appeal to me had nothing to do with any of his fictional appearances, which I will breakdown in the following panels:

That's pretty much the totality of what Sinnertwin has done, so there isn't anything to really make me overtly attached to him, character-wise.  What drove me to like Sinnertwin is the fact that he's a two-headed Orthus.  As a kid, I thought that he was two-headed dragon or dog, but it turns out I was wrong.  The horns, the twin heads of mass destruction, all add up to awesome for a 10-year-old.

Armed Demon Dog
One thing that I didn't realize was that he's yellow, and I mean YELLOW.  Photographing him in my lightbox with the white backdrop proved to be a little harder than I anticipated.  It really made me wish that I hadn't lost the other backdrops.


I have to say, Sinnertwin is a little more primary than I had imagined.  Gold, I think, would have made a better choice of colors.  Still, the detailing on the heads looks amazing.  

Thick, like a leg..
Transformation is fairly straightforward.  Pull the legs out, flip the head and reposition the Orthus legs and you have a robot.  A robot that's perfectly suited to being a leg.

The only problem that I have with this mode would be the legs.  Sinnertwin essentially looks like a mass of legs holding a gun.  For some reason, I'm actually surprised by this.  I know that Sinnertwin is a Scramble City combiner and that he's a product of 1980's toy engineering, but I'm still taken aback by the leg kibble.

 
Kibble and primary colors aside, there's something charming about this guy.  The little arms coupled with the big honking gun is nifty.  I'm thankful for the red and silver on the stickers to kind of break up the colors.  Still, this is a figure that will most likely always stay in alt-mode.  So that's three down and two to go.  Let's end things with a group shot of the Terrorcons that I have so far.




1 comment:

  1. Sinnertwin was always my favorite Terrorcon. I just put the Abominus parts I bought on him and the rest of his teammates last night...ah, feels good to have a (almost) complete Abominus again!

    ReplyDelete