Monday, June 22, 2015

Combiner Wars Dead End

I don't know why, but I purchased Combiner Wars Dead End.  The new iteration of the Stunticons aren't exactly thrilling to me, but I was a bit curious about Dead End's transformation scheme since he doesn't seem to have feet, at least what I consider to be feet.  My curiosity had to be sated.
Dead End's alt mode looks like a Ferrari, but not quite there.  It's a decent approximation of his G1 vehicle mode.  I really like the large rear tires.  This guy is sporting some rims that look pretty decent as well.  The color scheme and offset stripe do justice to Dead End's G1 version and so far we're off to a good start.
Here's Dead End with his weapons attached.  The cannon looks cool, mounted on the roof, as it reminds me of the G1 weapon.  The sword can be attached as a muffler on either side of the car.  This, this I'm not too crazy about.  I don't know much about cars, but I believe that those side mufflers should be on both side.  More than likely, I'm wrong, but just seeing it on one side just feels off.
I'm actually extremely impressed with Dead End's robot more.  He's very versatile and poseable.  The sword can double as a gun, I guess, and that's how I'll be using it.  It looks much better than the sword.
At first blush, judging from photos, I was worried that Dead End's lack of actual feet would make the figure look odd or cause some stability issues.  I was incorrect in my assumptions.  Dead End is capable a variety of poses, most of which I'm not skilled enough to do.  Suffice it to say that Dead End is a good figure to play with.  Yeah, I said play.

My main motivation to get Dead End was to answer some questions that I had in my mind.  Dead End is certainly a great looking figure, and I'm intrigued to see if this carries over to Streetwise.  I don't think I'll be picking up any other Stunticons, as I really don't like the way Menasor looks, but I will most likely pick up additional uses of this mold.  It's just an excellent figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment