Monday, September 15, 2014

Generations Tailgate

www.bwtf.com
Hey, it's the Bomb Disposal expert himself!  Well, Waste Disposal.  Tailgate was just a background character in my life before Transformers: Robots in Disguise.  I have the G1 figure, and it's basically always just sat there in my collection.  He had zero personality.  Sure, there was a tech spec, but that didn't do anything for me.  Thank goodness for James Roberts because now Tailgate is the man, er bot.
Here's Tailgate out of the package.  There is a mini-con that comes with him, but I don't remember his name because I promptly threw him to the side.  The snowplow, or whatever it purports to be, is just tedious and ugly.  Tailgate sure is lightly colored.  The aqua on the chest and legs compliment the white of the rest of the body, but they're just so slight that they don't really pop, if that makes any sense.  Articulation-wise, Tailgate certainly has a greater range of movement than Swerve. 
It's amazing how something as seeming insignificant as a head that can turn becomes much more important once it's unavailable on a figure.  Tailgate's head turns, which is a relief.  Look at those mitts!  Those are the hands of a gunslinger.  It's a shame I tossed the gun. 
Tailgate transforms into something Camaro-esque.  With flames on the hood.  I don't think I've ever seen a car in real life with flames on the hood.  Perhaps that's because I've never lived.
Here's a profile view of the Camara-like car.  I dig the wheels, nice with shiny rims.  There are also two tailpipes in the rear for extra power.  You know, for waste disposal emergencies.  I can't wait for this to get redone as Windcharger.  Which brings about a question: how is it that we live in an age where the first season characters are getting released second?  This isn't a complaint, just an observation.



No comments:

Post a Comment