Friday, September 25, 2015

Masterpiece Bluestreak! MP-18B!

Guess who's been playing with Photoshop?
Finally!  I can't say that I haven't been looking forward to this review.  This review completes a very tough month for me.  You see, I actually received my MP-18B a few weeks ago, but he sat in his box, unopened, until I took these pictures last week.  After suffering a severe sinus infection, twisting my ankle, my laptop dying, and my car exploding, the opportunity to just play around with a toy and my camera was extremely welcome.  Enough about personal things - what's it like actually having a blue Bluestreak?
Look, everyone is familiar with the story behind this deco of Bluestreak from the 1984 packaging.  If not, click here to brush yourself up on it.  It's okay, I'll wait...Back?  Good.  Where was I?  Ah yes, the enchanting blue and silver of the Datsun.  Just look at those lines!  I don't think I've been shy about my dislike of the Masterpiece Streak's colors.  Yes, the black and grey were prominent on the animation model, but I've never taken to it.  The silver of the Silvertreak exclusive was much welcomed addition to my collection based solely on the color.  Silverstreak was my favorite Masterpiece deco.  That is until this guy showed up.  Now it's like I'm back in 1984 looking at the box to my G1 Bluestreak!
Here's a comparison shot of MP-18 with MP-18B.  As you can see, there are a few differences.
Yet another comparison shot, but this time with MP-18S.  Man, they look good.
Transforming this guy, I forgot how frustrating he can be.  I was so excited to see this guy out of the box that I immediately transformed him.  When it came time to actually snap some pictures, I had to out him back into car mode.  That's were I remembered about that freaking little tab that holds the torso to the chest.  I kept thinking that I was going to break him!  With the way that my luck has been going lately, I wouldn't have been surprised if it had broken.  Thankfully, that did not happen.
Jeez, just look at how majestic Bluestreak is.  Those missile launchers just look wonderful.  My only complaint, and it isn't really a complaint, is that I wouldn't mind it if the legs were white, like the Diaclone version.  It's a small quibble, really.  I swear, this is just hog heaven.  There seems to be a lot of negativity out there these days with each Transformer release, but when I look at Bluestreak, and hold him in my hands, I just don't see how anyone could be negative about the brand.
Poor man's running pose.  Shamelessly ripped off from Square One.  Just not as good as his.
I, uh, I tried to do a running pose, like Maz does.  I'm not very good at it.  Still, every so often, I think I can pull it off.  Let this stand as a reminder that I can not.  At any rate, this shot gives a pretty decent showing that MP-18B is not just a straight redeco of MP-18.  MP-18B features Prowl's waist and head.  It really does look great.  The longer crests, painted yellow, really stand out.  The waist looks more sophisticated, if that makes sense, than the one that Streak came with.  Really, just a stunning figure.
I spent almost two hours in one night taking pictures, so let's just take a look at what I have left to show.  First is a shot of all of the Datsuns in car mode.  Since we have five versions of this mold, I'm wondering what's left to do with it repaint-wise.  I'm sure Takara will think of something.  To be honest, I wouldn't mind something done with the Prowl version.
This is a shot of the Datsuns doing...something.  Prowl is pointing at something, but everyone else is looking in another direction.  Because forget Prowl.
Finally, a shot of the guys just hanging out in an arrow formation.  Everyone is in black and white with the exception of the focus of the review - Bluestreak.
Here's another angle of that shot.  I really need to invest in a tripod.  Well, that's one figure opened and reviewed.  Let's see if I can get around to freeing Legends Arcee from her prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment